GPS Sales and Training (Pty) Ltd is an accredited Training Provider that can facilitate firearm training in four different categories which are: Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle, Semi-Automatic carbine and Black Powder in many different levels of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
The new Firearms Control Act 60 of 2000 insists that you as the firearm owner, or a person that is going to work with a firearm or new applicant, attend a training course with an accredited Training Provider before you can apply for your competence and/or firearm license.
GPS Sales and Training (Pty) Ltd plays the role of guiding you in the direction you wish to learn. Once we agree on the correct unit standard(s), we start the training process. You will be asked to complete an open book at your own time at home, and a closed book test at our accredited facility. Other than the test on the firearms control act, you will be requested to undergo a practical (shooting) assessment at our SABS accredited Shooting Range.
GPS Sales and Training (Pty) Ltd and their qualified assessors will assess the learner and once deemed competent, we will issue you a training provider certificate with a acttredited PFTC certificate for the unit standard you have achieved.
GPS Sales and Training will then upload the assessment results to the PFTC, where they in turn will issue the relevant learner achievement certificate.
You can now apply for what the S.A.P.S call a competence certificate, it’s not a certificate but it looks like a white credit card, with all the person’s details and photo printed on it. The S.A.P.S cannot test you or train you to shoot etc.
Now you can apply for your firearm renewal or a new firearm license. You need to complete the S.A.P.S. criteria laid down and then you will receive a firearm license, also a white credit card type with the entire firearm’s details printed on it.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Firearms Control Act. Unit Standard 117705
Courses for personal purposes:
- Handle and use of a handgun – 119649
- Handle and use of a manually operated rifle – 119651
- Handle and use of a machine carbine – 119650
- Handle and use of a shotgun – 119652
- Handle and use of a Muzzle loading firearm – 243200
Courses for Business purposes:
- Handle and use of a handgun for business purposes – 123515
- Handle and use of a manually operated rifle for business purposes – 123519
- Handle and use of a machine carbine for business purposes – 123511
- Handle and use of a shotgun for business purposes – 123514
Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us at t 023 342 8112 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org